Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blame it on the vocoder.


Okay. I'm going to let this be known right now. I in no way approve of the Autotune/Vocoder/T-Pain situation we have gotten ourselves into over the past couple of years. However, this song is great. Great production/ Talented singers, so I really can't complain this time. It actually fits here. Simply put.. This song is a shining example of when we should pull out the autotune plugin.

With that being said; I know JFoxx was trying to pull out all the stops on this one, but what the fuck? Why the hell did you cast Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Ron Howard, and Samuel Jackson for your video? More importantly why for your video 'Blame it on the alcohol'?! Weird. I understand you're trying to depict THINGS GETTIN' WYLD IN DA CLUB, but Forest Whitaker and Ron Howard wyld? I guess. Also, the little class the video had deflated once they started showing T-Pain 'blaming it on the alcohol'. Or maybe it didn't? This video is obviously bigger than me, cause it seems like everyone was waiting to judge this performance based on the reaction after the video. I'm glad "He captured it!" Ha.

Ill tune though.

No comments: